People Inc., the leading Western New York Human Service Agency dedicated to providing services and programs to people with disabilities, is seeking a VP Marketing Communications. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the VP will be responsible for the oversight of People Inc.’s (and affiliates) marketing communications and public relations efforts including planning, development, implementation and monitoring of marketing initiatives, both external and internal. Additionally, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with allied departments.
• Responsible for developing, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing communications program that will enhance People Inc.’s image and position in the marketplace/general public. Develop specific marketing plans to support prioritized programs and services as needed.
• Ensure articulation of People Inc.’s desired image and consistent communication of the brand both internally and externally.
• Responsible for market research and analysis of results in order to best understand the market and customer preferences.
• Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of publications.
• Administer organization’s digital marketing programs and products, ensuring robust presence in social media, through intranet, website and email. Maximize website performance as appropriate, including SEO methods and reputation management.
• Coordinate media interest in People Inc. and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests. Ensure consistent presence of earned media. Write press releases, make presentations and negotiate with media.
• Determine types of media to use in ad campaigns and distribution across channels, and predict how advertising will generate highest ROI. Ensure advertising contracts are negotiated for nonprofit rates and creative options.
• Responsible for implementing and measuring the success of internal and external marketing communications, within budgetary objectives.
• Develop and propose plans and budgets for the department, monitor & measure same.
• Ensure the curation of organizational content to consistently tell compelling branding stories.
• Keep informed of developments in the field of marketing, including best practices and emerging products including as related to nonprofit organizations.
• Responsible for the supervision and development of the Marketing and Communications staff.
• Work collaboratively with other allied departments and team members, i.e., public affairs (government/community relations), fundraising
• Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will be a team player and have a demonstrated passion for the mission of People Inc., which is to offer assistance to individuals with disabling conditions or other special needs, and provide the support they need to participate and succeed in an accepting society. Required competencies include: basic leadership orientation, strong oral and written communication skills, creativity, business acumen, action orientation, analytical thinking, decision making skills, development of personnel, comfort with diversity, follow through, a visionary outlook, organization, and performance focus.
A Bachelor’s Degree in marketing and communications with a minimum of ten years of experience in marketing, communications or public relations (preferably in a not-for-profit) is required. A Master’s degree is preferred, and if the candidate does not possess a Master’s degree, he/she must be willing to obtain one within three years. Qualified candidates may apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to MaryEllen Carlo, Director of Search Services at Career Partners International Buffalo | Niagara at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org