The Buffalo Urban League, a historic civil rights organization dedicated to economic empowerment, equality, and social justice, is seeking a Staff Accountant. An affiliate of the National Urban League, The Buffalo Urban League collaborates at the national and local levels with community leaders, policymakers, and corporate partners to elevate the standards of living for African Americans and other historically underserved groups.
The staff accountant’s responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, billing of funding organizations. and maintaining accounts/grants receivable documentation. Additionally, the Staff Accountant will also assist the Assistant Controller as needed and respond to information requests by management and auditors.
In this role the successful candidate will be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Required competencies include: written and oral communications, organization, detail orientation, analytical thinking, numerical accuracy and time management skills
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
• Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
• Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
• Preparing billing information for funding organizations and maintaining documentation for accounts/grants receivable.
• Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including bank reconciliations.
• Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
• Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
• Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and 2 + years of accounting experience are both required. Also required are excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Knowledge of Fund EZ accounting software is desired, but not required. Qualified candidates may send a resume and cover letter to MaryEllen Carlo, Director of Search Services at Career Partners International Buffalo| Niagara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com