People Inc., Rehabilitative Health Services, the leading Western New York Human Service Agency dedicated to providing services and programs to people with disabilities is seeking a Social Work Supervisor. Reporting to the Vice President of Rehabilitative Health Services and Social Work, the Supervisor will recruit and supervise the social work staff, and manage the department’s activities.
- Ensures maintenance of social work records to include: Psycho-social assessments, treatment plans, discharge summaries, progress notes, clinical summaries, required release forms and other necessary information
• Facilitates client/patient individual treatment planning as a member of the Interdisciplinary Treatment Team.
• Consults with medical providers to coordinate social work services provided to clients/patients
• Provides liaison services to community agencies, including residential and day programs, hospitals and other social service agencies; provides follow-up linkage/referral to appropriate agencies for clinic patients when necessary.
• Acts as an advocate and assumes implementation of policies which foster client/patient rights, dignity and personal growth
• Provides counseling services to clients as outlined by assessment and treatment plan
• Acts as a liaison to families, interprets clinic services to families and provides other support services related to health care when appropriate
• Provides information and support related to social work issues across agency departments
• Provides regular individual and group clinical supervision to all social work staff and consultation to clinic and agency staff
• Coordinates with clinic staff and other agency personnel to provide orientation and ongoing training of staff. Helps staff to understand psycho-social factors in client/patient lives
• Ensures that quality improvement policy as it relates to social work services is maintained, including chart audits and attendance of QI meetings, on a quarterly basis.
• Assures Social Work staff maintains minimum productivity expectations.
• Complies with all agency policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
Team Functions and Responsibilities:
- Displays personal motivation by identifying and accomplishing a new professional/personal goal on annual basis. Works to incorporate new information/skill and responsibility into performance.
• Promotes positive image of the clinic and agency.
• Initiates resolution utilizing available resources within level of responsibility.
• Contributes to a positive work environment by interacting in a courteous, pleasant, and professional manner. Functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team through utilization of communication skills and cooperation.
• Demonstrates flexibility by understanding different views. Adapts approach as situations change and accepts changes in the organization and job description requirements.
• Supports clinic/agency by accepting additional tasks outside of job description such as special projects, public education.
• Plans time off in advance and manages PTO according to department guidelines
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- LCSW-R Required
- Three Years’ experience required working in the field of Social Work
- Experience with intellectually and developmentally disabled population preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience providing clinical and administrative supervision preferred
The salary range for this job is $61,000 – $70,000 annually. Qualified candidates may apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to MaryEllen Carlo, Director of Search Services at Career Partners International Buffalo | Niagara at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org