Our client, North Forest Office Space (NFOS), a vertically integrated real estate development company that develops, builds, leases and manages single-story professional, medical and dental office space, is seeking a Real Estate Development Analyst. With offices in Buffalo-NY, Rochester-NY, Austin-TX, Dallas-TX, Fort Worth-TX and Denver-CO, their vision is to make the leasing experience simple for their customers. They value uncompromising integrity, honesty, humility, fairness and the willingness to “go the extra mile” when it comes to working with their customers, suppliers and team members. This strong set of values has contributed significantly to their company’s success, and their work environment is one that is built on mutual respect and fostering “win-win” outcomes.
NFOS is looking for a Development Analyst to support their Real Estate Development process. The primary responsibility of this role will be to support and play a key role in the real estate land acquisitions and development process. Areas of support will include:
● Perform market analysis for existing and potential markets.
● Prepare and update detailed financial models and analysis including those for transaction underwriting and return on investment.
● Manage and update development capital forecast models and provide key takeaways to specific business units and senior management.
● Coordinate with lead development manager and area markets to support site selection process, coordinate and analyze both quantitative and qualitative elements.
● Support land acquisition negotiations.
● Perform basic due diligence as well as feasibility studies on potential sites and make initial recommendations on site conditions.
● Coordinate and assist development progress with the Development team, area markets and design department
● Conduct research to understand town/city/county entitlements in all markets.
● Perform basic legal document review (LOI, purchase agreements, surveys, etc.)
● Analyze completed projects budget to actuals, understand all costs of construction and support area markets in development and management of project budgets.
● Drafting AIA agreements for construction lending and funding.
● Manage cash flow modeling and projections for all investment to a high level of precision.
● Support project financing for both construction and permanent debt on new developments. Establish project informational packages, proformas, project budgeting information and support the process of acquiring debt on new developments as well as existing portfolio.
● Support in preparing area market business plans, including annual operating plans, financial forecasts, and support execution of North Forest’s current strategic plan. Provide senior team members with explanations of variances between actual results and forecasts/budgets.
● Support area markets in analysis of property tax challenges.
● Support area markets with market analysis for establishing rates on existing and new developments to ensure we are competitive in the marketplace.
Skills and Qualifications:
● Ability to identify process gaps and implement new processes and procedures.
● Open mindedness and ability to engage in projects or activities that are not directly tied to development related responsibilities in an effort to help the business succeed.
● Ability to provide the organization with strong, and effective operational leadership, as well as a willingness to identify and implement efficient processes, procedures, internal controls and technologies to improve and effectively keep up with the growth of North Forest.
● Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Construction Management or Finance. 3 -5 years in a real-estate analyst experience position strongly preferred.
● Exposure to multiple entity business models, including partnerships and LLC’s, real estate development experience, project management experience; with accounting software, and a working knowledge of continuous improvement methodology.
● Experience working in the development process and or construction exposure and financial analysis skills.
● Strong financial and business analysis modeling (e.g., Excel power user), spreadsheet, and presentation skills are required.
● Passionate about data automation, system improvements, and process efficiency.
● Experience working collaboratively with internal team through forecasting, budgeting and long-range planning; and identifying savings opportunities, project risk, and process improvements
● Provide and communicate timelines, processes, and documentation of forecast/budget and month-end activities.
● Strong interpersonal skills.
● Ability to work well in groups but also independently to manage and own tasks.
Qualified candidates may send a cover letter and resume to MaryEllen Carlo, Director of Search Services at Career Partners International Buffalo | Niagara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com