Orchard Park Veterinary Medical Center, a trusted name in veterinary care in Orchard Park, New York for over 60 years, is seeking a Hospital Administrator. Their experienced veterinarians and staff provide three categories of exceptional care for their clients and pets – 24/7 Emergency Care, Primary Care, and Specialty Referrals. While directing all day-to-day operations, the Hospital Administrator will support the ownership’s vision and provide leadership to the team of 170 full and part time talented employees. The Hospital Administrator will perform a wide range of complex administrative activities that support effective business operations.
Reporting to the owners, the ideal candidate must have proven leadership, human resources, and management experience, along with expertise in team building and continuous quality improvement. Additional required competencies include: collaboration, action orientation, business/financial acumen, organization, customer service orientation, decision making skills, development of personnel, follow through, hiring and staffing, and motivation of others.
- Plan and organize all veterinary administration and personnel activities, including scheduling of the Doctors of Veterinary Medicine to facilitate appropriate coverage in all aspects of the hospital (General Practice, Specialty, and Critical Care).
- Formulate job descriptions, set salaries, recruit, and onboard staff (lay, paraprofessional, and professional) in appropriate areas at all times. In consultation with the Practice Owner, recommend selection/advancement/changes in staff.
- Oversee the preparation, maintenance, and disposition of required veterinary records and other correspondence.
- Monitor continuing education and licensing of professional staff. Conducts annual performance reviews and goal setting with all doctors.
- Review financial reports such as income statements, balance sheets, and departmentalized profit and loss statements. Review statements for trends, monitor staff costs, and recommend adjustments and corrections when appropriate.
- Establish internal operating procedures for administration of the practice to ensure accuracy and completeness of veterinary records and reports, performance of veterinary staff, and compliance with the accepted hospital practices.
- Advise practitioners on the formulation and development of corrective actions necessary to improve the effectiveness and profitability of the practice.
- Establish and maintain the publications and veterinary medical library to support operation of the practice.
- Initiate new programs, market hospital services through public relations campaigns, and establish in-service training for staff.
- Work with attorneys to resolve routine issues when the practice requires legal services.
- Develop budget estimates and revisions utilizing knowledge of the functions and requirements of the hospital. Make recommendations to the Practice Owner for distribution of funds allocated for medical and non-medical equipment and supplies.
- Oversee the practice’s schedule for client visits and the processes surrounding the workflow and workload for veterinarians and coordinate with the needs and goals of the hospital.
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of senior leadership experience in managing operations with profit and loss, budget and HR responsibility are all required. Experience in medical care facility management is preferred. Also required are strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to multi-task and prioritize and perform work with minimal supervision. Total compensation (salary + bonus) for this job is $150k – $175K.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to MaryEllen Carlo, Director of Search Services at Career Partners International Buffalo | Niagara, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to MECarlo@cpibn.com