Our client, General Physician, PC, one of the largest medical groups serving Western New York, is seeking a Controller. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will be responsible for assisting the direction of the entity’s finance department and will work closely on financial initiatives. The successful candidate must be a seasoned leader and have the ability to quickly assimilate into the extremely fast paced growth of this physician group of nearly 1000 employees. Additionally, the Controller will oversee and manage the monthly financials to include footnotes and manage the monthly financial reporting requirements to internal and external users/readers.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and will work well both independently and within a group, and be able to prioritize and communicate well. Additional required competencies include: a strong work ethic, analytical thinking, business acumen, delegation, decision making skills, numerical accuracy, organization, reliability and consistency, and performance focus.
• Review and approve financial transactions as recorded by the finance department.
• Prepare monthly internal financial statements and analysis in a timely manner for Chief Financial Officer’s presentation to the President, Kaleida Executive Sponsor and various Hospital groups.
• Prepare statistical reports request by Owner, President, Kaleida (KH) President’s, KH’s CFO, KH’s Finance Team and KH’s Legal, Erie County Medical Center Corporation (ECMC)’s COO, ECMC’s Finance and Legal and Great Lake Health System Affiliates.
• Work closely with finance team to develop annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
• Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
• Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting and Operations etc.
• Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for the company
• Provide financial analysis to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
• Interface with outside audit firms(s), lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, etc.
• Oversee organization’s purchasing function to ensure efficient internal ordering, cost effective pricing, and timely receipt and delivery of goods ordered.
• Ensure the at accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
• Review and approve all required tax returns and filings for sign-off by Chief Financial Officer, President and Owners.
• Analyzes fluctuations and address trends and observation with the CFO.
• Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a minimum of 5 years’ accounting and leadership experience is required. Healthcare experience and CPA certification are both preferred. Qualified candidates may send a resume and cover letter to MaryEllen Carlo, Director of Search Services at Career Partners International Buffalo|Niagara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liftoff Western New York, a strategic alliance of early childhood funders dedicated to making early childhood education a higher priority, is seeking its first Director. Representing 29 members and nine Western New York counties, Liftoff is working with existing community organizations and networks to ensure that, by the time children reach kindergarten, they are prepared physically, socially, emotionally and cognitively to reach their fullest potential.
In this newly created executive leadership role the Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Liftoff’s strategic and impact agendas. As the Director, the successful candidate will be the face of the coalition working closely with the Steering Committee, government officials, business, community stakeholders, and the public to promote and impact strategy to advocate for, and support policy and systems change in three focus areas: Universal Developmental Screenings, Awareness, Accessibility and Affordability of Quality Childcare and related Transportation needs that ultimately benefits Western New York.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated passion for Liftoff’s vision and be a collaborative leader with high personal and professional integrity. Other required competencies include: ambition, diplomacy, entrepreneurship, creativity, organization, managing through systems, written and oral communication skills, working independently and performance focus.
A Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable field with at least 5 years’ of relevant experience in a leadership role is required. A Master’s Degree is preferred. Additional requirements include a proven track record of leading collaborations to advance systems change, demonstrated cross sector coalitions management experience and proven experience in grant writing and /or grant management. Professional, systems level knowledge of early childhood development issues, child care and the needs of families and children including policy and advocacy is preferred. Must be willing to travel throughout WNY on a regular basis. Qualified candidates may apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to MaryEllen Carlo of Career Partners International Buffalo | Niagara at email@example.com.