One of our clients, a local higher education institution, is seeking a Payroll Manager. The Payroll Manager will be responsible for performing/supervising all activities necessary to process all regular and supplemental payrolls, maintain payroll records, keep abreast of payroll law and tax changes, perform year-end Federal and State requirements, and administer state unemployment procedures.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned payroll professional, and possess solid expertise managing the daily, monthly, quarterly and annual payroll activities, including the processing of payroll. The Manager will have the ability to streamline the payroll system and improve processes and best practices. Required competencies include: action orientation, analytical thinking, business acumen, follow through, comfort with innovation, managing through systems, organization, performance focus, written and oral communication skills, and reliability and consistency.
A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-7 years of payroll experience are required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is also required. Paychex experience is preferred. Qualified candidates may email a resumes and cover letter to MaryEllen Carlo, Director of Search Services at Career Partners International Buffalo | Niagara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of our clients, a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of pneumatic and hydraulic components, assemblies and systems, is seeking a Plant Manager. The Plant Manager will coordinate and direct all manufacturing plant functions, maintain good employee relations and meet all budgetary objects. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Plant Manager will be responsible for the execution of all manufacturing operations including Production, Planning, Maintenance and Safety, all in conformance with company policies and all applicable regulatory requirements. Additional responsibilities include the coordination and communication of the operations forecast, and the identification of key financial operating risks. The Plant Manager will support all strategic efforts to generate new sales and maintain the existing customer base, and establish strong working relations with engineering, supply chain, quality, finance, business development and human resources leadership.
The ideal candidate must be a seasoned leader, and possess solid lean manufacturing skills and experience leading effective teams. Required competencies include: quality orientation, planning, comfort with paperwork, safety orientation, oral & written communications, teamwork & cooperation, performance focused, organization, motivation of others, and business acumen.
A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is required, with a preference for an industrial or mechanical engineering degree. Also required is a minimum of 10 years of manufacturing experience, with at least 5 years’ in a Plant Manager role. The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence employees, and possess proficient knowledge of MS office. Qualified candidates may send their resume to MaryEllen Carlo, Director of Search Services, Career Partners International Buffalo | Niagara at email@example.com.
Our client, a global leader in the design and manufacturing of a wide variety of specialty heat exchangers and heat transfer solutions, is seeking a Corporate Treasurer. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Corporate Treasurer is responsible for all global treasury operations including cash management and forecasting, debt and foreign currency exposure management, banking and bank relationships. The position interacts with Corporate and Operations Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis and International Operations. The successful candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to build a Treasury function in a private equity owned environment.
The ideal candidate must be analytical and possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills, along with strong business/ financial acumen. Additional required competencies include: basic leadership orientation, customer service orientation, decision making skills, diplomacy, facilitation, follow through, visionary outlook, informing others, meeting management, organization, political savvy, presentation skills, and reliability and consistency.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in cash management, capital markets, and/ or corporate finance in a global corporate or a banking environment is required. Additional required experience includes managing debt facilities, building treasury functions and processes, and creating and implementing effective internal controls. AN MBA and/or Certified Treasury Professional designation and experience working in global business environment is preferred. Plex/Prophix systems experience is also preferred. Some travel will be required. Qualified candidates may submit their resume to MaryEllen Carlo, Director of Search Services, Career Partners International Buffalo | Niagara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Total Rewards Manager
Our client, a locally owned global brand company, is seeking a Total Rewards Manager. Reporting to the Senior Director of Human Resources, the Total Rewards Manager will provide support to the employees in the administration and management of employee benefit plans, including union benefits, promote the value of plans in alignment with the company’s goals and practices, and act as a liaison between vendors and employees.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, eager to drive change and offer advanced knowledge of benefits, payroll related laws, regulations and principles. Required competencies include: action orientation, ambition, analytical thinking, customer service orientation, diplomacy, follow through, optimism, organization, presentation skills and written communications.
A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration and a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience with progressive benefits responsibility within a dynamic Human Resources department is required. Strong computer skills, including advanced level Excel and HRIS applications are also required. ADP experience and PHR certification is preferred. Qualified candidates may submit their resume to MaryEllen Carlo, Director of Search Services, Career Partners International Buffalo | Niagara at email@example.com.
Accounts Receivable Clerk
One of our clients, a global leader in the design and manufacture of a wide range of products and solutions, is seeking an Accounts Receivable Clerk. Reporting to the Manager of Financial Shared Services, the Accounts Receivable Clerk will be responsible for the following:
• Posts cash receipts to customer’s accounts and general ledger accurately and in a timely manner
• Processes and distributes daily customer invoices
• Processes customer credit card payments
• Processes customer credit and debit memos
• Prepares monthly Rep commission statements and processes payments
• Participates in the monthly accounting close process as needed
• Provides customers and co-workers with needed documentation
• High School or equivalent required
• 1 year of accounts receivable experience required
• Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
• Attention to detail and strong planning and organization skills
• Computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office applications
Qualified candidates may send a cover letter and resume to MaryEllen Carlo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Our client, a global leader in the design and manufacturing of a wide variety of specialty heat exchangers and heat transfer solutions, is seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor. Reporting to the Corporate Financial Controller, the Accounts Payable Supervisor will supervise and perform all duties associated with the US Accounts Payable function (shared service center supporting multiple manufacturing plants as well as corporate activities). Additionally, the Accounts Payable Supervisor will gain an in-depth understanding of the Company’s US Accounts Payable processing environment, including becoming a subject matter expert as it relates to its recently installed ERP system (Plex).
- Directing the functions of the shared service (multi-plant and corporate) US Accounts Payable department
- Ensuring timely processing (three-way match) of supplier/vendor invoices within an ERP and manual Accounts Payable environment.
- Processing employee travel and expense reimbursements through Expensify and purchasing card (p-card) transactions.
- Selecting invoices for payment (checks, ACHs and wires) and preparing Accounts Payable registers and related reports.
- Researching issues and resolving discrepancies on a timely basis.
- Working with suppliers/vendors/employees to resolve AP issues in a courteous manner.
- Supervising the printing and mailing of customer checks.
- Providing training to new and existing staff as needed
- Working with each direct report to establish annual goals and objectives and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field strongly preferred, or equivalent experience in lieu of a college degree.
- 5 years of Accounts Payable experience, preferably with at least 2 years as team lead.
- Demonstrated success as a team lead, with a strong desire and capabilities to move into a management role.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work, be detailed oriented, and meet tight deadlines.
- Extensive computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office applications; expertise using advanced features with Excel strongly preferred. ERP experience required (Plex a big plus).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to MaryEllen Carlo at email@example.com.