Our client, a global leader in the design and manufacturing of a wide variety of specialty heat exchangers and heat transfer solutions, is seeking a Senior Buyer. Reporting to the Materials Manager, the Senior Buyer will be responsible for the planning and buying of one or more commodities that support the manufacturing facility. This will be done in accordance with the company’s global supplier strategy, selection and relationship management, service, cost and risk mitigation plans. This individual will work closely with Manufacturing, Planning, Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Quality, and Product Development to ensure an efficient and effective supply of components and sub-assemblies to support instrument manufacturing. Key performance indicators for this role include on-time delivery, savings generation and inventory performance.
The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of ERP systems, planning and forecasting theory, inventory management and distribution planning. Required competencies include: ability to read engineering prints, detail orientation, business acumen, analytical thinking, organization, informing others, problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Drive the analysis and review of demand data to support purchasing and planning decisions both short and long term to ensure continuity of supply.
• Identify potential savings opportunities and lead cross-functional initiatives to achieve Purchase Price Variance financial goals.
• Improve inventory performance and drive positive cash flow by expanding and adjusting safety stocks and improving lead times.
• Performs extensive analysis of inventory transactions and reports to identify, process, system and training deficiencies.
• Responsible for analyzing purchase order exceptions reports to determine the need for changes required on PO’s, making these changes and coordinating the changes with the suppliers.
• Maintain supplier master pricing list.
• Responsible for preparing bid specifications, receiving and evaluating bids.
• Analyze and evaluate spend data from imperfect historical data, and to develop logical sourcing strategies and fact-based options.
• Daily follow-up based on production meeting & manage ‘material shortage list’ including Purchase Order expediting,
• Manage vendor relationships to develop and foster characteristics of preferred suppliers.
A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5+ years’ of manufacturing experience in a procurement capacity are preferred. A combination of education and applicable experience could meet this qualification.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and the ability to read engineering prints are required.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume to MaryEllen Carlo, Director of Search Services, Career Partners International Buffalo I Niagara at firstname.lastname@example.org.