Junior or Senior SQL Developer
One of our clients, Merchants Insurance Group, is seeking a Junior or Senior SQL Developer. With its headquarters in Buffalo, New York, Merchants Insurance Group provides high-quality and affordable insurance for home owners, automobile owners, and many businesses, such as contractors and business owners. Merchants operates in Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.
The Junior or Senior SQL Developer, working with the Information Technology Department, will join the Business Intelligence Team responsible for the implementation and support of reporting solutions and insights into data that drive business goals. The successful candidate will be a collaborative individual focused on delivering relevant and innovative technology to elevate the information capabilities of the department. He/she should be technically competent with ETL Development using SSIS, Multidimensional cube development using SSAS, and report development in SSRS/Power BI.
• Maintain, Design and develop complex ETL data loading packages using Microsoft SSIS 2012+.
• Maintain, Design and develop multidimensional cubes using MDX and Microsoft SSAS 2012+.
• Provide Production Support of Data Warehouse ETL Jobs as well as other SQL jobs.
• Design, construct, deploy, test, and support standard reports, dashboards, self-service queries and data visualizations using either Microsoft SSRS or Power BI tools.
• Maintain Performance Point Dashboard on SharePoint 2013+.
• Complete quality assurance on data, resolving inconsistent or erroneous data, ensuring the accuracy of data used in the analyses, investigation and response to ad-hoc data analysis questions from Business users.
• Create technical/design specifications based on business requirements in clear and concise formats.
• Maintain the data structure, ETL package, and Reports through proper change management
• Attend and participate in requirements review, design review, project status, QA defect tracking, and other project meetings as needed with stakeholders.
Junior SQL qualifications include:
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Ability to create tables, indexes, keys, constraints, triggers, views, stored procedures, and functions to facilitate efficient data manipulation, integration, and consistency on SQL Server 2012+.
• Knowledge of creating Dimensional Data Models. (star schema, Kimball)
• Experience in creating, maintaining and managing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2012+.
• Hands-on experience in C# scripting. (inside SSIS packages)
• Experience in creating, maintaining and managing SQL Server Integration (SSIS) 2012+ packages.
• Follow approved Software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, create design documents, and perform program coding.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with others.
• Should be Familiar with SCRUM/Agile development Concept.
• Should be Familiar with Object Oriented Programming Concept.
Senior SQL qualifications include:
• 5+ years’ experience as a SQL Developer
• Experience with Microsoft BI Stack – SQL Server DBMS, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Hands-on experience in the creation and usage of Dimensional Data Models (star schema, Kimball)
• Experience with Power BI Stack a Plus.
• Display a level of understanding and effort stay current with Microsoft BI Stack – including MS SQL 2017 Stack.
• 3+ Years of Data Warehousing Experience
• Experienced with source control applications (TFS)
• Experience on SharePoint 2013 (Performance Point Dashboard Design)
• 2+ Years of experience in Dot Net Framework
Merchants offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, and attractive benefits package including health, dental, vision and 401(k). Qualified candidates may send a cover letter and resume to MaryEllen Carlo, Director of Search Services at Career Partners International Buffalo| Niagara at firstname.lastname@example.org
One of our clients has an immediate opening for an Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support and assistance with key projects and executive initiatives. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant will serve as the primary contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO’s office.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Provide full administrative support to the CEO.
• Provide the CEO with a daily itinerary and all pertinent materials to conduct day-to-day business and meetings.
• The ability to work independently and perform complex duties associated with the level and scope of responsibility for the office of the CEO
• The ability to utilize sound professional judgment, initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness, courtesy and tact.
• Prepare and administer office budgets
• Proficiency using Microsoft software programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to produce materials for internal and external meetings and conferences.
• The ability to prioritize their workload and function well in a fast-paced environment.
A college degree and a minimum of 5 – 7 years’ experience providing exclusive support for a senior executive are required. Essential competencies include: detail orientation, strong verbal and written communication skills, reliability and consistency, follow through, and performance focus. Qualified candidates may email a resume, cover letter to MaryEllen Carlo at email@example.com.