Customized Leadership Training
Even leaders with seemingly natural talent can benefit from training and development programs. At CPIBN, we tailor programs precisely to your specific needs and work environment. Changes in leadership and strategy are inevitable in the business world, and companies that make changes quickly and smoothly will soon outpace the competition. Our Customized Leadership Training programs help your employees develop and fulfill their potential.
We can help you avoid the high cost of recruitment and integration, while giving your people incentives to stay; smooth the path for employees who are a cut above by training them with new strategies; develop employee skills and relationships through team-building programs and on-site custom training venues on a variety of topics; and grow leadership from within to save money and build morale.
- Meet with you and assess your needs.
- Develop a course outline for your review.
- Finalize details and schedule training; either on-site or at our facility.
- Conduct training for individuals or groups varying in size of employees or managers.
Create Your Career GPS™
First Fridays Learning Series for Current Leadership Topics
CPIBN is excited to host Buffalo’s newest leadership learning series, Create Your Career GPS™. Held on the first Friday of every month at the CPIBN Career Center, these three hour seminars will help prepare any developing professional navigate current topics within today’s workplace.
A continental breakfast will be served at 8 AM followed by the interactive learning program led by our team of experts from 8:30 – 11:30 AM. These intimate, collaborative, and discussion based sessions will help position any professional for growth and success within any industry and organization.
Class size is limited, so be sure to register for your spot today, here. Each session is $250. Each session topic is also available as a customized training program for your organization.
Session Topics and Dates
May 3, 2019: Giving Feedback
This session will detail approaches/strategies to ensure that time is taken for positive feedback and that constructive criticism is used as a tool to move an organization forward. Topics include: planning your communication, giving good and bad news in the same conversation, timeliness of feedback, and specificity of feedback. Participant’s specific situations are addressed/discussed. Takeaways include:
- The ability to increase employee engagement and organizational performance through feedback
- Practice role playing actual situations in your role where feedback is necessary
- Each participant will receive the reinforcing text: “The Feedback Imperative: How to Give Everyday Feedback to Speed Up Your Team’s Success”
- Gain 3 HRCI HR (General) Credit Hours
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®)
criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
June 7, 2019: FIRO-B Assessment
In this workshop you will gain an understanding of the importance that three interpersonal needs have on motivating behavior in the work place as measured by the FIRO-B assessment. It is one of the most widely used tools for helping people better understand themselves, and how they can work more effectively with others. As a leader, it’s a great tool to use with a team for enhancing communication or putting together productive project teams. For individuals, it’s a great tool for personal and career development. As a participant in this workshop, you will:
- Have the opportunity to take the assessment and receive your personalized FIRO-B Interpretive Report for Organizations
- Enhance your learning with group exercises, case studies, and a group of like-minded professionals to add to your network
August 2, 2019: Performance Management
This class provides participants with a template to drive optimal performance in their organization. Topics of discussion include what causes people/organizations to fail, defining/tracking metrics, proactively identifying potential pitfalls and providing ongoing communication/feedback. Takeaways include:
- A better understanding of what roadblocks limit your organizations performance
- Specific plans for each participant will be identified that can be used to improve performance
- Each participant will receive the reinforcing text: “HBR Guide to Performance Management”
September 6, 2019: Creating a Coaching Culture
This workshop is designed to enhance the skill set of anyone involved in improving individual and/or team performance through coaching within their organization. During this session, you will gain practical knowledge and insight into the coaching process and learn about an effective model for conducting coaching conversations. You will also have an opportunity to practice your coaching skills and be better prepared for applying those skills on the job. Additional takeaways include:
- Identify the business case and benefits of coaching and development
- Understand the coaching process and distinguish roles and responsibilities within that process
- Learn how to identify coaching and development areas based on strengths and weaknesses
- Recognize the skills needed for effective coaching
- Gain a practical understanding of what works in building effective, skill-based development plans
October 4, 2019: Employee Motivation & Engagement
FULL CLASS DESCRIPTION COMING SOON!
November 1, 2019: Conflict Resolution
This session teaches “best practices” in dealing with common conflicts. Topics include what conflict is and what causes it, common mistakes in handling conflict, a roadmap to successful conflict resolution is introduced and explained. Takeaways include:
- Interactive role playing of actual conflicts in your role improvement tips
- The ability to avoid and/or minimize conflict in your specific work environment
- Each participant will receive the reinforcing text: “Resolving Conflicts at Work: Ten Strategies for Everyone on the Job”
December 6, 2019: Hiring the Right People
Interactive session that enables managers to hire the best performers. Topics include proper interview preparation, common mistakes, resume review, competency identification, developing behavioral interview questions, probing interviewee answers to identify potential problems and practice utilizing these tools. Takeaways include:
- A process that will significantly reduce the risk of making a bad hire
- A method for developing the best questions to ask candidates
- Each participant will receive the reinforcing text: “Perfect Hire Blueprint”